- Duration : 10 Days
- Regions Covered : Manali-Jispa-Sarchu-Hemis-Khardung La-Leh
This tour is focused on culture and people of western Himalayas. The tour starts from Manali – a small hill station located in Himachal Pradesh and makes its way to Leh ladakh via cold deserts of Sarchu. The tour specializes in exploration of monasteries and other places of religious interest in the area. The departure is via air from Leh or return tour to Manali in the same vehicle.
- Day 01: Arrive Manali
Arrive Manali on own and check in at hotel. Rest of day free. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02: In Manali
Today the day is free for independent activities and acclimatization for the Trans Himalayan Journey ahead. You have an option to walk around Manali visiting Hadimba Devi temple, old Manali village, Vashisht temple & hot water spring and explore Manali market. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03: Manali/ Sarchu (222 kms/ 10 hrs)
Travel from Manali to Keylong enroute crossing over Rohtang Pass (3980 m) and a few villages in Lahaul valley like Sissu, Gondla and confluence of Chandra & Bhaga rivers at Tandi. This route would provide you views of mountains, several streams/ waterfalls and hanging glaciers. After a short stop at Keylong continue drive to Srachu enroute visiting Jispa and crossing over Baralacha La 4800 m. Baralacha La has a small lake – Surajtal which is considered to be source of river Bhaga. On arrival check in the deluxe camp accommodation. Evening walk around the beautiful & huge campsite of Sarchu. Overnight in camp.
- Day 04: Sarchu/ Leh (250 kms/ 10 hrs) Today is a very long day and we start very early. Travel by surface from Sarchu to Leh crossing over Lachang La (5065 m) and Tanglang La (5360 m). On arrival check-in at hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 05: In Leh – After breakfast drive for full day sight seeing of Shey Palace, Thiksey, Hemis monastery and Stok Palace Museum. Return to Leh in the evening to explore Leh market. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 06: Leh/ Uleytokpo (70 kms/ 6 hrs) – After Breakfast drive to Uletokpo enroute visiting Basgo Palace, Liker and Alchi monasteries. Also walk around the village and drive to Uletokpo and check in at Uley Ethnic Resort. Overnight in camp.
- Day 07: Uleytokpo/ Lamayuru/ Leh (170 kms/ 8 hrs) – After breakfast, checkout from the camp and drive to Lamayuru monastery. Lamayuru monastery is one of the oldest and spectacularly set founded in 10th century. Afternoon drive back to Leh. On arrival check in and overnight at hotel.
- Day 08: Leh/ Deskit/ Hundur (120 kms/ 6 hrs) – Travel by surface to Deskit in Nubra valley over Khardong La pass 5600 m. above the sea level. Arrive Deskit and visit the monastery. Continue further to Hundur. On arrival check in at camp. Evening free to walk around the beautiful village of Hundur, visit the sand dunes where you can enjoy camp ride on Bacterian camels. Overnight in camp.
- Day 09: Hundur/ Panamik/ Leh (180 kms/ 10 hrs) – After breakfast drive to visit hot spring at Panamik. Also visit Samstanling Gompa. Later drive back to Leh over Khardungla. On arrival check in and overnight at hotel.
- Day 10: Depart Leh – Morning in time transfer to airport to board flight for Delhi. End of tour
- The comfortable Non-A/c vehicle (Innova / Qualis / Xylo) will be throughout the complete tour.
- The Hotel accommodation in two & three star hotels / resorts on MAP basis.
- All the sight-seeing tours at every place according to Itinerary only.
- Fuel charges are inclusive in tour cost.
- The service of driver is also inclusive in the tour
- A/C will be chargeable extra if asked
- Your personal nature expenses like Beverages, Alcohol etc.
- Entry Fee at Museum
- Bus / Train / Air